Restoule Cottage Rentals
Restoule Cottage Rentals
Book your summer vacation with us.
Terms and Conditions
1. Reservations require a security deposit of $300.00 and submission of a signed agreement by the Renter, and confirmation of the booking by George Stripe on behalf of the owner. The refundable security deposit of $300.00 shall be paid with final payment and is not part of the rent.
2. The renter shall pay for bookings of any rental:
a)$300.00 deposit to secure reservation b) the full rent no later than two weeks prior to the beginning of the rental.
3. George Stripe is entitled to treat the booking of any renter as cancelled in the event that:
a) the renter gives written notification of cancellation to us; or
b) the renter fails to pay the balance of rent by the time specified above. In the event that the booking is so cancelled, George Stripe may, without being obliged to do so, endeavour to rebook the property for the period concerned or for part of that period. If the property cannot be rebooked at all, then all monies paid by the renter will be forfeited. If rebooking for the full period can be arranged, George Stripe will refund all money paid. If only a portion of the period can be rebooked, George Stripe will refund a proportional amount of all money.
4. George Stripe will handle each application as quickly as possible to assist each party obtaining their desired week.
5. The renter undertakes:
a) That the number of people and pets occupying the property shall not exceed the number stated in the rental application form that was submitted and accepted. Additional people or pets without prior agreement may cause a forfeit of the security deposit.
b) To keep the property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or about the property in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the Rental.
c) To replace any part of the property or the furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects damaged or destroyed with similar articles of at least equal value or if the owner requires, pay to the owner the value of such part of the property destroyed or damaged.
d) To vacate the property at the end of the rental and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition.
e) To report to George Stripe immediately details of any damage done to the property or any of the furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects.
6. As between the renter and the owner, the renter shall be solely responsible for all damages caused, regardless of who in the renter's party caused the damages regardless of how or why such damages were incurred.
7. The renter shall advise George Stripe immediately of any problems or deficiencies with the property. Should the renter have any cause for complaint in relation to the property, he must immediately advise George Stripe.
8. George Stripe reserves the right to be the final arbiter in any damage claims made by the owner and determine the amount of any full or partial payment to the owner made from this deposit.
9. The damage deposit shall be returned, in the form of a cheque, after the renter has departed from the property and George Stripe has had an opportunity to inspect it for cleanliness and any damage.
10. The owner; or his representative, George Stripe, shall be allowed access to the property at any reasonable time during the rental.
11. The renter agrees to abide by any reasonable household rules posted by the owner at the property. If the renter's standard of behaviour is such that it leads to repeated complaints by others, the renter agrees to forfeit his rental and the balance of the rent and to vacate the property forthwith.
12. The renter is hereby notified that a consumer report containing credit and / or personal information may be referred to in connection with this transaction.
13. George Stripe and the owner shall not be responsible for any personal injury or loss, however caused, which shall be sustained by the renter or any other persons who may be on or about the premises, or by the renter or any other person who uses any recreational equipment that may be on or about the property. All risks of any such injury or loss shall be the sole responsibility of the renter.
14. Small open flame fires are only permitted on the property in designated fire pit areas and are subject to local fire ban restrictions during dry spells.
15. You will be asked to sign a contract confirming your acknowledgement of these terms and conditions upon arrival.
Important Information for Cottage Renter
Keep This Notice Handy
1. It is the renter’s responsibility to leave the cottage as tidy and in as good condition as it was on arrival.
2. If the property is not properly cleaned, a proportional amount will be taken from your security deposit.
3. Please remove all food items from the refrigerator. Bag all garbage and leave it at the end of the lane.
4. Abide by the rules of the cottage owner. For example, don’t bring pets unless you have received permission from the owner ahead of time. Any smoking must be done outside the cottage, on the deck or beach for example. Do not leave cigarette butts. No camp fires outside of fire pits.
5. Your full security deposit will be returned after the property has been inspected and certified that all is in order.
All information collected by Restoule-Cottage-Rentals is for internal screening purposes. By providing this information you consent to the collection, use, handling and disclosure by us to the cottage owner, of any information set out in the Cottage Rental Application relating to your stay.